To provide responsible, reliable, and courteous passenger transportation service to customers with safety a top priority. To follow all Pegasus Transit policies, state and federal regulations, act as a team player, provide a communication link between customers and staff. To operate assigned routes, trips, shuttles, or tasks and to maintain vehicle and customer records.
General Statement of Duties:
This is a responsible non-supervisory position.
- Professionally represent Pegasus Transit
- Record daily attendance (BBSI TimeNet)
- Record daily Hours of Service (Samsara)
- Record rider attendance (R&D Routes)
- Operating and maintaining/cleaning transportation vehicles with a focus on safety and customer courtesy.
- Performing daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections (DVIR), report any needed repairs
- Performing minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary
- Fueling the vehicles
- Preparing trip reports, accident and incident reports as necessary
- Assisting passengers and handicapped customers in and out of the vehicle
- Providing safety briefing to customers
- Providing other services as requested by a supervisor when not engaged in transportation service.
Essential Duties Must Be Followed
- Wear mandatory Pegasus Transit uniform (Blue T-shirt for route services / white long sleeve shirt and black pants and shoes for trips).
- Follow company COVID policy-wear masks, gloves, prescreen, take temp., disinfect all touchable surfaces, etc.
- Coming to work well-groomed.
- Serves as a positive role model and team player while providing transportation service.
- Use of BBSI TimeNet to record daily attendance. Daily punch-in at the Yard must be recorded unless on a trip.
- Follow the route in the assigned route manifest.
- Use of Samsara to record daily runs. ON / OFF Duty must match BBSI TimeNet attendance entries.
- Operates assigned vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Maintains vehicle assigned clean, in / outside, and neat at all times.
- Parks vehicle in the yard designated area in an organized manner.
- Provides a communication link between customers and staff
- Presents safety briefing to passengers prior to each trip departure.
- Coordinates the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with management and staff to minimize service interruptions.
- Responds immediately to accident or medical emergencies by notifying emergency response providers, and rendering First Aid until emergency personnel arrives.
- Maintains defensive driving.
- Reads and interprets maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route service for customers, and reads and interprets road signs in English.
- Maintains accurate, customer transportation forms, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports, and other records that are requested from management.
- If driving hours do not complete guaranteed time, other tasks may be assigned to the driver in other departments such as operations, sales, and shop.
- Duties in these departments can be clerical work, maintain/clean other vehicles maintain/clean shop, assist mechanics or help with inventory, or drive vehicles for marketing.
- Ability to Push/Pull 75 pounds (for example a person in a wheelchair)
- Bend over to tie down wheelchairs or check tires for pre/post trips
- Climb stairs into and off of a bus
- Ability to lift arms above your head to release bus handles on emergency exits.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds (luggage, water coolers in or out of luggage compartments)
- Ability to support and assist a passenger on or off the bus